High Chaparral (USA) ex Desert Classic (GB) by Green Desert
- Gr.1 Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf winner -
- First crop of NZ yearlings hugely popular, averaging over $60,000 in Book 2 (More than 12x his service fee) -
- The impressive winner of the Gr.1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (1m) & placed in the Gr.2 U.A.E. Derby (1900m), Gr.2 Newmarket Royal Lodge Stakes (1m) & Gr.2 Leopardstown Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial (1¼m). -
- Purchased by Highview & partners in 2018, following his hugely popular first season at stud in NZ.
- From the famous stallion family of Sadler’s Wells, Nureyev & Fairy King.
- Carries a double up to the blue hen mare SPECIAL.
- A son of High Chaparral, who was a huge loss to the bloodstock industry when died prematurely aged 15. He is now the sire of 130 stakes winners, the most recent of which include Group One winners Princess Jenni, Rekindling, Ace High, Youngstar and Hiyaam.
- High Chaparral crossed famously well with Kiwi mares producing So You Think, It’s A Dundeel, Shoot Out, Descarado & Monaco Consul etc.
- The second G1 Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf winner to stand at stud in New Zealand, the first since the influential stallion Success Express. He sired 32 stakes winners, in his short career in NZ, including Group One winners Polar Success, Coogee Walk, It’s My Sin, Quick Star & Explosive Burst.
- Rated an A+ on conformation by well known Kentucky-based Bloodstock consultant Cecil Seaman, an expert in bio-mechanics. Less than 0.5% of all horses measured by Seaman fit into the A+ category which includes Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed & American Pharoah.
- A fantastic temperament. “He’s very well behaved and great to do anything with,” says Brent Gillovic.
LATEST WROTE NEWS
"He's very much in the image of his sire – a powerful, correct horse and the only son of High Chaparral to have won a Group One two year old race,” - Brent Gillovic
"High Chaparral has enjoyed success when bred over certain branches of the Northern Dancer line. Wrote is out of a mare from the Danzig line through Green Desert, but should cross well over mares from other branches of that line, including Danehill. Both Danehill and his son Danehill Dancer are broodmare sires of stakes winners by High Chaparral," - Alan Porter, Pedigree expert
Wrote TVC 2018
Mares That Match P2
G1 BC Juvenile Turf win
Kiwi Bred Episode